[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Can you have too much air through a SG? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 06:12:28 -0800
From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Can you have too much air through a SG?

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

Mike,

Since the air's not actually being forced through the gaps, probably
not. It has been observed by some list members that sometimes
performance actually declines in a vacuum gap when the air velocity is
too high due to arc stretching and higher than normal arc "resistance".
In this case, having a way to control air velocity is useful.

Safe coilin' to you!

-- Bert --