[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Cap question???

From:  Zuma [SMTP:mwise-at-ns.sosis-dot-com]
Sent:  Saturday, February 07, 1998 2:24 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Cap question???

I have finally decided to build some poly caps. I have come to the
conclusion that I am going to construct .005uf caps using 60mil poly.
They are going to be rolled caps. I have also decided to go with a very
small size (2"x160" plates, 4"x166" dielectric). I know this may sound
stupid to make caps this small, but I want to make my caps in intervals
of .005 and use the smallest amount of space at the same time. I am
planning on the plates being aluminum tape or aluminum foil which ever
is easier. If I use the tape my question is should I leave the paper
backing on the tape or attach the tape directly to the poly? I am hoping
someone will help with my question and not "dog" the idea.

Chris