[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(Bizarre) Strange Spark Phenomena

----------
From:  FutureT-at-aol-dot-com [SMTP:FutureT-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Thursday, February 05, 1998 8:48 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: (Bizarre) Strange Spark Phenomena

<< >John,

> This notion of the vhf short standing waves was mentioned by me a possible
> agent earlier in yet another post and might well be the real causitive
>agent.  I believe this was referred to by Tesla in numberous places in the
> CSN.  Years ago, I thought Tesla was referring the the shortwave  RF
> oscillation frequency of the coil itself impressing, by induction, energy
> onto things in the local vacinity.  It has only been in the last four years
> that I come to understand the real shortness of these waves.  They cannot
> exist without spark issuing and are most intense only when a ground path is
> found!  Within an unconnected spark, in air, they would have to respond as a
> true dipole or bipolar system and the half wave and not the quarter wave
> would be predominant.

> Richard Hull, TCBOR

> I characteriszed the arc as a resonant system in and of itself.

> Richard Hull

Richard, Dave, all,

These were free air sparks.

BTW, I tried Dave Sharpe's level shifting method last night -- quick
lash-up.  Sparks were brighter, longer, fatter, fuzzier, and made a
strange "crispy" sound.  More bizarreness!  But this appearance
does support my suggestion that any kind of sudden voltage
application to the oscillator, eliminates the smooth straight sparks.

John Freau