[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Vf,Zo,R,G,L,C.....

Hi All,

	I was doing a little modeling of Tesla coils today and I tried to use the
formula for the parameters of a transmission line from the Corum's papers.
The formula is:

Vf = ( 1 + 20D^3 x S^(-5/2) x lamda^(-1/2) )^(-1/2)

and

Zo = (60/Vf)x(ln (4H/D) -1)

These gave me a numbers that didn't work very well.  I played with the
model and found the correct numbers easily enough but they were about 30%
off from the numbers given by the above formula.  I worked the examples and
the numbers matched so I think I (ok, the computer :-)) was calculating it
right.  These formulas came from the 1950s so they may not be real precise.
 I was just wondering if anyone else has had trouble with their accuracy??
It really is important that the values of Vf and Zo be fairly accurate...

Thanks,

	Terry  (who would never even think of using computer models for the sacred
magnifier :-))

	terryf-at-verinet-dot-com