[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RSG materials

Hi fellow coilers
I am collecting bit for a RSG for our(Dr B)and myself new coil(9"
sec+pole pig)etc.

I have a source of Tufnell(between 1/4" and 1/2" thick)would this be OK
for the
rotor disk??????????

And I can get hold of stainless steel bolts or rod.
Would stainless steel electrodes be a good material to use(flying
electrodes)and
what dia of electrodes is a good sized and is there any particular shape
which
would work best IE flat end or rounded or a combination of the two???
I plan to mount the stationary electrodies in blocks of Brass with a
base of
Tufnell.

Cheers Mike Tucknott(moving up to the big league)

"He tames the thundering bolt of jove and annihilates time and space"
Nikola Tesla 1906