[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A source for Glyptal?

On Fri, 18 Dec 1998 22:14:20 -0700 in the Tesla List
Patti Stapivic <pstapivic-at-yahoo-dot-com> wrote:

>Hi listers,
>
>Just a quick question: Does anyone have sources for Glyptal?  The
>paint used for covering motor windings?  I plan to use this on our
>next coil.  Any other recommendations would be helpful.

Rodney & Patti, glyptal is over kill for a Tesla coil secondary!
Glyptal is; expensive, hard to find and usually only available in small
quantities. Use gloss polyurethane like made by Zar is cheap, easily
available and is available in whatever quantities you want! Other easily
available finishes available are; varnish and shellack. All of the above
mentioned finishes have proven the test of time.
                             Sincerely

                              \\\|///
                            \\  ~ ~  //
                             (  -at- -at-  )
                         Alfred A. Skrocki
                     Alfred.Skrocki.Sr-at-JUNO-dot-com
            Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at;
             http://www.geocities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/6251
                           .ooo0   0ooo.
                             \_)   (_/