[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re. Variac brush repair

A small bit of additional information.  I called Superior Electric in
Bristol CT at 860-585-0600.  The model that I have, #1126, is apparently
something like 30 years old and they tell me that they no longer have
parts for it.  I further asked whether anything similar existed that
might be modified, but was told that every model's brushes are very
different compositions of metal and carbon specific to that model, MOST
unhelpful.  I can't believe that it could be THAT unique, but I wonder if
variac brush compositions are necessarily different than motor brushes
which I might be able to modify.  It would be one a shame to
junk an otherwise perfectly good 2KW variac for lack of a brush.