[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Slow Wave Helical Resonator Experiment

Hi Antonio,

	Many thanks for pointing out my error in assuming the gap stopped
conducting during a primary current notch.  I have read that paper many
times and I always just assumed it quenched where all other Tesla coil's
quenched.  I have a high-speed fine-tip multiple-quench (up to 16 gaps)
rotary gap here.  I will try to redo this test and attempt to break the
primary current during the peak of the cycle.  I don't know if I will be
able to do that or not but I have just about the best equipment available
to try it with so...
	I ran the situation through my computer model (the computer can quench
whenever it wants :-)).  The secondary voltage was at zero during the break
in the primary current and just stayed there.  The primary voltage across
the gap spiked into the 200kV range as on would expect in breaking the
primary inductor current but the secondary voltage showed no change.  So
the computer does not predict what the paper says.
	I will see what real testing can determine and report what I can find.

Thanks,

	Terry Fritz
	terryf-at-verinet-dot-com