[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

first big coil design[sec. form?]

List,

I am starting to design my first 'big' coil for my new 10kVA pig. I have
just started thinking about it and the first thing for me to consider is
the secondary coil. I have hopefully a good candidate. I *barrowed* a
garbage can from work. It appears to be some kinda plastic, almost a
fibre appearence, about 1/4" think. One is 10.5" diameter by about 22"
tall. Will this work for a coil form - its pretty clean. If so, I figure
this is kinda short. Would it be beneficial to try to get another and go
for 10.5" x 44" ? If so, what gauge wire would be good - #16, #18 ...? I
would probably be running the thing at a max of 10kVA. I'll work on one
thing at a time so my questions wont be premature.

Thanks,
Tristan Stewart, KC2EBM