[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TC on tour

     My boss is hosting a year-end bash at his house and he has asked me to
     bring my TC for a little high-voltage fun.  The power supply for the
     coil with have a key lock-out and a "severely wounded but hopefully
     not dead"-man switch.

     Besides bringing along a grounding rod and extension cord, what
     preparations should I make for this event.  I plan to operate the coil
     in his backyard, which has a featureless area at least 16 x 16 ft.

     Regarding the grounding of the coil.  Might a counterpoise consisting
     of pieces of Al foil laid edge to edge be a suitable substitute for a
     ground?

     I plan to ask guests about any health problems prior to starting the
     coil, especially whether or not any use a pacemaker.  Are there any
     particular health questions I should ask?  Are there concerns with
     jewelry?

     Aric