[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Corona motor

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: wwl-at-netcomuk.co.uk (Mike Harrison)
>
> Another easy fun thing to do with your coil....
> http://www-dot-netcomuk.co.uk/~wwl/teslamotor.html
> Might possibly be useful for plotting E-field patterns ???

	In the "old days" we used to do something simpler, which has probably
been described here at one time or another.  A needle or other
sharp-pointed axle was mounted on top of the coil, pointing up.  A "Z"
shaped spinner was made, with a prick in the center piece upon which the
thing could be balanced on the spindle.  Produces a similar effect and
makes a good stunt to show people.

Ed