[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Wavetek 27XT Sale

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Date: Tuesday, December 01, 1998 3:56 PM
Subject: Re: Wavetek 27XT Sale

>Original Poster: "Ross W. Overstreet" <ross-o-at-mindspring-dot-com>
>
>Does anyone have a good reason to skip over the $99.95 Wavetek and buy
the
>$275
>B&K 878 LC meter that Terry Fritz talked about last week?  Other than
>measuring
>Q, what makes the B&K so much more expensive?  Looks like it does much
less...
>Does it have phenomenal accuracy or something?  It would be great if
someone
>with the B&K will post the ranges measured, accuracy, etc from the
operators
>manual and someone with the Wavetek will do the same.
>
>I need a decent LC meter, and it would be nice to save $175 to put
towards one
>of those Tek B210 scopes :-)
>
>Thanks,
>Ross Overstreet
>Huntington Beach, CA

Wavetek 27XT specs
Large 0.7" 2000 count display    Most measuring functions    Exellent
0.5% basic DC accuracy

functions
DC voltage 200mv to 1000v    AC voltage 200mv to 750v    DC current
200ua to 20a
Ac current 200ua to 20a    resistance 200 ohm to 2000megohm
capacitance 2nf to 2000uf
frequency counter 10hz to 20 mhz    inductance 2mh to 20h     logic test
ttl, cmos
temperature none    transister test none    continuity test <75 ohm
threshold
diode test 3v/1ma     has max hold button.
five ranges on volts amps farads and henrys, seven ranges on ohms.
not autoranging. (I Hate Autoranging!)
I bought mine from Tinkertronics ( www.tinkertronics-dot-com ) in Austin in
July for about $120.
I am very pleased with the wavetek 27xt.
Maybe the B+K has a case and a "real" owners manual. The Wavetek
doesn't.
Good luck
Hope this helps
later