[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Controling a Pole Pig

    I have dismantled a pig almost identical to viv's one, and because of the
way it is wound, it is not possible to put a shunt in the magnetic path, the 2
windings are layered over each other, so there is no way for any flux to link
only one of the coils which (I believe) is what is necessary for shunting to
work.
    I do have a related question though, I have 2 pigs, and was wondering if I
could use one of them as a variable inductor by putting a variable gap in the
core and then putting the 240V side of both pigs in parallel, not connecting
anything to the 11 kV side of the gapped pig. Does anyone have any
experience of
this, will it work?

--
*Stephen Rodway             Legion-at-Bigfoot-dot-com *  Support your local *
*Tel. 01761 300615                             *     coroner....     *