[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Results of new single static gap

Dr. Res: Would you be a little more explicit about the copper strapping you
use for your primary coils. I was thinking of switching to a pancake coil of
brass weather stripping (for doors) if I could get a long enough length, but
from many postings on the list I assumed a saucer shaped copper tubing coil
was the best way to go. My first primary was a 75 degree helical shape made
from #10 copper ground wire & then I tried a pancake made from coax cable I
had on hand & got better results (with a lot less work in winding!) Thanks,
Jim