[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Electroplating

----------
From:  RODERICK MAXWELL [SMTP:tank-at-magnolia-dot-net]
Sent:  Saturday, August 22, 1998 10:59 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Electroplating

I have built a homemade device to turn the wood for the torus using
parts of a old snow cone machine! It is a disk with three blades across
the face mounted on a 5/8" shaft. This powered by a 1/3" hp capacitor
start motor. It sure is cheaper than a $400 wood lathe. Total cost
$0.00!
   I have also solved the problem of getting the wood conductive in
preparation to be plated. I found a website for a company named Dalmar.
They have a special spray coating for just this purpose. They also have
a number of other plating supplies geared toward the hobbyist. Their web
address is:

                         http://www.dalmarplating-dot-com/

  Other companies that supply equipment, and supplies can be found at:

                         http://www.finishing-dot-com/Products/

   I hope this helps any other coilers interested in electroplating.

                              Frankensteins Helper
                                      Max