[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Electroplating

----------
From:  Basura, Brian [SMTP:brian.basura-at-unistudios-dot-com]
Sent:  Friday, August 21, 1998 10:31 AM
To:  'Tesla List'
Subject:  RE: Electroplating

Max,

I was at my local plating shop getting some car parts re-chromed and asked
them.  They said no problem and suggested using hard stable wood which was
dry and sealed well.  Their process starts with a graphite coating then
copper, then nickel, and then chrome.  Of course you can stop at whichever
coating you prefer.

BTW- They said it you can even get a final coating of gold if you want to
spend the $$$'s.

Check with your local plating shop.  You may get better results for less
$'s.

Hope this helps.
Brian D. Basura

	>    I already have several aluminum drier duct toruses. I'm looking
for
	>something that looks PERFECT. I guess I've seen to many of those
old
	>books on old time scientific instruments, and the type of
workmanship