[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Dunno if anyones tried this...

----------
From:  Marcus Young [SMTP:MEYoung-at-uq-dot-net.au]
Sent:  Friday, August 21, 1998 5:35 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Dunno if anyones tried this...

Try ccovering the surface of your ground strike area with fax paper and you
can kind of
obeserve a pattern in the strikes to earth and gauge the severity of each
strike by the size
of the 'spot'....its pretty crude, but if a bit of fun too:)
*note.. You really have to attach the paper firmly to an earth strike
plate, or you WILL burn the
paper rather than get 'spots' !
Another one is to send s streamer through a peice of glass and observe the
weird swirls and zigzags recorded on the paper. (continuous arc)
Now ime thinking about it I wonder if wrapping the secondary or tertiary in
fax paper could be
interesting...hmmm

Marcus

Hope I havent reinvented the wheel ...*sigh*