[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Pig Impedance. What difference does it make?

----------
From:  Michael Baumann [SMTP:baumann-at-proton.llumc.edu]
Sent:  Thursday, August 13, 1998 6:13 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Pig Impedance. What difference does it make?

I am about to drop the change to upgrade my power source to a
more robust critter than the NSTs I use now.
In looking over the T-R specs, I see they list impedance
as a range from about 1.2 to 2.5 for the same KW rating.
I am WAGing that this is the inductance of the secondary (Low volt)
windings?

What does this mean to me WRT my coil operations? Is lower
better/worse/makes no difference?

Thanks for the info.
--
Michael Baumann  Optivus Technology Inc.|Loma Linda University Medical
Center