[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

371 and 576 specs (fwd)

----------
From:  Jim Lux [SMTP:jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net]
Sent:  Sunday, August 09, 1998 4:42 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: 371 and 576 specs (fwd)

I wouldn't think oil immersion is required at only 25 kV, assuming they
have an anode cap, as opposed to having the anode come out on the base.
This is ordinary color TV 2nd Anode kind of voltage, and, as you know,
except for the x-rays, no exotic (i.e. oil immersion) precautions were
taken in that application.

> I'm building a little DC supply and am considering
> options for rectifiers..
If you are not in a transient laden environment, I'd go solid state stacks.
Easier to build, cool, run, etc. With vacuum tubes you have to have the HV
insulated filament transformer (or batteries). Unless you have a fabulously
cheap source of tubes, the solid state option will be cheaper, too.