[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Medhurst Formula (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 08:57:48 EDT
From: Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Medhurst Formula

Hi all,
   I recently derived an equation for the Medhurst self-capacitance.  I
thought I should present it and get feedback from those on the list.  I used
the data from Ed Sonderman's spreadsheet calculator, so it should be valid for
H/D > 2.   This equation won't work for H/D < 2, but I got a correlation
coefficient of 0.9994 above that.

Cself = 0.256479H + 0.78646D pF where the dimensions are in inches.

For our friends abroad it is:

Cself = 0.100976H + 0.30963D pF  where the dimensions are in centimeters.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback on this as I wish to use it for
another mathematical exercise in the near future.
Thanks,
Mike Hollingsworth