[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Carrying a Full Load (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 09:01:53 -0700
From: Bill Noble <william_b_noble-at-email.msn-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Carrying a Full Load (fwd)

if you re-read your response, you will see a contradiction.  If the item is
not a diode, and there is no diode in the circuit, then it would be
impossible for it to be a capacitor that charges up in more than one half
cycle (e.g. 7 ms).  I haven't taken the time to look up what it is, but an
ohmmeter will tell you if it's a MOV or a diode (just beware that the foward
drop of a HV diode is several volts - maybe more than 10 V- so you may need
to put a higher voltage across it than the usual ohmmeter