[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Fw: Input frequency (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 12:50:09 +0100
From: "chris.swinson" <chris.swinson-at-zetnet.co.uk>
To: tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Fw: Input frequency

-----Original Message-----
From: chris.swinson <chris.swinson-at-zetnet.co.uk>
To: tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Date: 01 August 1998 22:09
Subject: Input frequency

Hi All,

Say if you had a Neon say, 10Kv at 50ma running on the usual 230V 50Hz
mains.  As far as I can gather if you use 230V input but at 100Hz you would
actually get 20Kv at 50ma, thus more wattage input.  Has anyone tried this.
It may stress the Neon transformer but would this work ?

Also does any one know of a 230V adustable frequency circuit ?  I treid to
think up one, It would entale half wave recitfier on the mains with a cap to
give about 230 V DC.  Then switch it using power mosfets using a 555 timer
to alter the frequency.  It would be nice if some one had such a design
before I try my idea ( I'm not very bright in mosfet designs, essp power
circuits :-(  )

Thanks all.

All the beST,
Chris.