[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: unknown tube (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 19:23:30 -0400
From: David Sharpe <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: unknown tube (fwd)

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]

Nick

Are you sure they are not 572B's??  572B is a high mu, graphite anode
big brother of the 811A (160W, 3kV, mu ~ 160).

Used 2 of them in a push-pull hartley oscillator (1kVA-2kVA) and
gave sparks up to 18-19" before they "died" (internal flashover
at 6.8kV level shifted).

Using a 1.5-2.0kV MOT, they are just about bullet proof...

Also direct pin-for-pin replacement for 811A.

Regards

Dave Sharpe, TCBOR