[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Yesterday's GNATS meeting (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 17:05:54 EDT
From: Esondrmn <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Yesterday's GNATS meeting (fwd)

<<
 Ed,

 The power system for the 9" coil is 220V, 40A breaker (tapped off the
 electric stove wire) into a power cabinet.  The power cabinet has 2 28A
 220V variacs ganged together.  I have one stove element in parallel with
 an arc welder (your tip a while back).  The output then goes to a 14400V
 10KVA pole pig.

 Chip

Chip,

Sounds like a kick butt power supply.  I only have one 28 A variac and a 5 kva
pole pig.  I think the 5 kva pig is large enough however since I have had up
to 40 amps primary current into it in the past.  That was the good old days
before I started blowing up expensive caps.

Ed Sonderman