[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toroid info wanted (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 09:06:43 -0700
From: Jim Lux <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Toroid info wanted

> ----------

Experimental adjustment for best performance... If you put the toroid too
high, the field at the top windings gets high enough to cause corona and
sparking there.

> Also what is the best way of mounting the toride.
I used PVC pipe fittings (not glued) on the coil I built last week. Seemed
to work ok.
> And is it best to make it adjustable.
yes.... but don't let lack of adjustability stop you...