[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Toroid connection (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 07:31:22 -0700
From: Michael Baumann <baumann-at-proton.llumc.edu>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: RE: Toroid connection

Somehow, I'd guess that there are as many ways to connect the toriod, as
there are
to make them.
However: My personal experience shows that placing the toroid slightly above
the top
turns seems to work best.
On my 3.5" coil, the toroid shades the top 3-5 turns, on my 6", the toriod
bottom
plane is about 1/4" above the top turn. In both cases, I get no corona from
the coil at all, just breakout from the toriod (and massive corona from my
strike rail)