[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Superdialectrics? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 06:40:06 -0500
From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Superdialectrics?

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

Scott,

Unfortunately, all physical materials are lossy, although some materials
have very low dielectric losses. However, if you remove ALL material
from the gap - ie, use a vacuum, you WILL have a "dielectric" with no
dielectric losses! Vacuum capacitors are used in high power radio
equipment for this very reason.

-- Bert --