[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

15kV Neons and a pole oinker.

----------
From:  J. Day [SMTP:jon-at-axionet-dot-com]
Sent:  Sunday, April 19, 1998 12:05 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  15kV Neons and a pole oinker.

Hi!

I just got my hands on a pair of 15kV/30 mA neons.  If hook them up parallel, then I will get 60mA... I am almost sure of that.  I remember reading a message that said that two transformers must be "in phase" before the current will double.  If they have the same line level input, then won't this be automatic?  (the two transformers are identical brand/condition/etc).

Is it true that these transformers don't need current limiting, as it is built in?  What about for Jacobıs ladder?  I want to try out the Jacobıs ladder for fun, and don't want to ruin my xformers before they get a crack at Tesla!

And one last thing, out of curiosity....  how many 15kV neons does it take to get the power of a pole pig?  (and where in the world do you get these monsters?  ... I hope you don't steal them off the pole in my block, as my power would go out!!!  and that means no tesla!  heheh)

Thanks for your time!

And this list is always a GREAT read!

J Day
jon-at-axionet-dot-com