[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

40 mil LDPE and 5kv Transformers?

----------
From:  richard hull [SMTP:rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net]
Sent:  Sunday, April 12, 1998 5:26 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: 40 mil LDPE and 5kv Transformers?

At 11:58 PM 4/9/98 -0500, you wrote:

>----------

This is correct!  I would never make a high value... > .02ufd capacitor out
of a single layer of anything or a single capacitor!!!!!!!  under .015ufd a
single layer of dielectric is just great up to 10KV input, especially in a
well made flat plate design.

It is important to realize the level of current involved.  A .12ufd cap is
close to what Tesla used on his big 50' system in Colorado!!!!!!!(.156ufd).

I personally feel this is an outrageously large capacitor to place in a
Tesla system, but if you are stuck with low volts and can't buy a decent
capacitor of the pulse type then that is all there is to it.

Richard Hull, TCBOR