[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Spark Gaps

----------
From:  richard hull [SMTP:rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net]
Sent:  Wednesday, April 08, 1998 8:35 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Spark Gaps

At 12:45 AM 4/8/98 -0500, you wrote:

>----------

classes of folks.

The first is The Tesla Newbie who immediately buys a pole pig for his first
coil and plans on 5KW plus on the first shot.  They have never had to really
learn what quenching is and they feel the rotary will solve all their problems.

The second is the veteran coiler who is truly working at very high powers
and pushing his coupling to the max.  He realizes that the tungsten pointed
rotary will not only assist in his difficult quenching chore, but will have
low maintenence and survivability over the long haul.

Tungsten can survive much more instense arc heat without rapid erosion.
This is why it is better than a similar bolt head.

Static gaps will work great out to 5,000 watts if the builder has the
experience to apply them.

Richard Hull, TCBOR