[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

30MHz Spark Gap Testing - Is this real??

----------
From:  terryf-at-verinet-dot-com [SMTP:terryf-at-verinet-dot-com]
Sent:  Wednesday, April 08, 1998 8:18 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: 30MHz Spark Gap Testing - Is this real??

Hi Dr. Resonance,
        It was always my intention to test a full TC system.  I started with
just the neon charging system first and now I am at the primary system.
Needless to say it has gone slower than expected :-)  I have built up a
large nice secondary and all that so it will be coming.....
        I also want to let everybody know the results and keep the
information free and easily available.  It has been mentioned that not
everyone uses the internet.  So feel to forward information on this to
anyone who wants it.
        Having the gap across the transformer is a definite neon saver.  Be
very careful about using inductors in the filter circuit.  They can cause
bad ringing as mentioned in my posted reports.  I have not been able to test
my new filter circuit yet due to all this spark gap stuff.  This new filter
should completely protect the neon.  It should last forever unless one turns
up the variac too high :-))

        Terry