[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Plasmoids

----------
From:  Jim Fosse [SMTP:jim.fosse-at-bjt-dot-net]
Sent:  Monday, April 06, 1998 1:26 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Plasmoids

On Sun, 5 Apr 1998 08:56:47 -0500, Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>, you

Jim,
	Yes, fine steel wool burns quit nicely. For extra sparks, jam
a chunk of steel wool on the ends of a Mains Power Cord. Plug the cord
in. (politically correct statement inserted here: have at least 10
feet of non-flamable space around the steel wool when you do this. It
throws sparks for quite a ways;)

Stick the steel wool in a uWave oven with some charcoal on it. Then
Nuke it on high. In about 20 seconds or so you will see a plasma ball
filling the oven cavity.  Next, light a small candle inside the oven
cavity. Nuke it on high. In about 20 seconds or so you will see a
plasma ball filling the oven cavity. Do I sound repetitious? ;) Wooden
matches stuck upright in clay and lite also work well. Also, circular
fluorescent bulbs, Neon lamps - use a cup of water for a load so you
don't blow up the bulbs;(

Next, put a lite candle on top of your TC. fire off the TC - I get
about a foot of flame! Argon also works well. In single shot mode, I
get 13" sparks from my TC in air to a grounded electrode, then using
an Argon filled 2" by 60" balloon, I can lite up 2/3ds of the Argon
without a ground electrode. If I draw a spark to the balloon, it
bursts;(

	pyro and TCs mixed;)

	jim