[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Inductance (fwd) [correction]

----------
From:  Hollmike [SMTP:Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Thursday, April 02, 1998 6:54 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: Inductance (fwd) [correction]

Malcolm,
   I would be interested in seeing the reference source that gave you the H/D
at one for max Q.  I have an old electrical engineering/radio communications
handbook that gives the D/H ratio of 2.45 for the mas inductance which is in
fair agreement with 2.222 which Erik worked out.  I also worked this out a
couple of years ago and got the same result as Erik(gave me something to do on
a long boring road trip).
     Perhaps this 1:1 ratio is better at certain frequencies or some other
conditions that I am unaware of.  The real goal is to get maximum Q.  Whether
or not this corresponds to max inductance(and apparantly it doesn't by what
you are saying) is interesting.  I tried to figure out all the variables that
affected the Q and thought that maximizing the inductance was the best way to
improve the Q.  I would appreciate it if you could elaborate on this.
Mike Hollingsworth