[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Wood Welder TC

----------
From:  Thomas McGahee [SMTP:tom_mcgahee-at-sigmais-dot-com]
Sent:  Thursday, April 02, 1998 7:11 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Wood Welder TC

Jim,
I have rehabilitated a few diathermy type machines that also were
about 50 years old. I have found that some of the insulative
materials had degraded to the point where they had to be
replaced. Specifically, my units had some rubberized insulation
that had become brittle from age and ozone. Replace such
parts with newly fabricated parts. Yes, coax type wiring will
usually require replacement with new coax.

I also replaced all wooden parts with plastic/plexiglass, as I
was concerned about moisture. These diathermy machines operate at
high frequencies (as regards TC use), but you can make a very
decent tube TC with them. I always enjoy working on the older
machines, and it is a thrill when I get them operational again.

The diathermy machines I worked on were medical diathermy,
but your wood welder is really not that much different.

Hope this helps.
Fr. Tom McGahee