[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ground Fault Interupters and RFI filters

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 15:44:54 GMT
From: Jim Fosse <jim.fosse-at-bjt-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Ground Fault Interupters and RFI filters

Richard,
	The "fault" is leakage current through the RFI filters bypass
caps. These caps are from line to ground and neutral to ground. The
current flow through them at 60Hz is larger than the trip current of
the GFI.  Even if you solve this problem, GFIs are notorious for
tripping from RFI.  I expect that the first time your TC discharges
that they will trip.

	jim