[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

filtering question (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 14:25:30 -0600 (MDT)
From: Chip Atkinson <chip-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: filtering question

From: 	braino-at-mindspring-dot-com[SMTP:braino-at-mindspring-dot-com]
Sent: 	Thursday, September 25, 1997 5:02 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	filtering question

I am finishing up my new power supply cabinet and I have a few questions
about filtering.

First of all, I used to run small self wound filter chokes on my nst
powered coils, mainlny to protect the nst. (these were on the hv side) But
now I am running a 5kva pole unit. Are these hv/hf filter choke coils still
needed?

Concerning RF filtering in the power cabinet itself, I have a Sprague
Electric RF Interferance Filter Model No. JN10-1501F1.   It is a 3x40amp
240v RFI filter.
It is labeled "Load" side, and "Line" side.  I am assuming that this was
designed to remove RF eminating from the line side, before going to the
load, hence it's orientation. Of course, in our situation, it is the load
that is producing the RF, so should the orientation be reversed, or does it
matter?
And will this provide adequate line filtering?

Thanks
.rob