[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

And what of the FCC? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 13:59:12 -0600 (MDT)
From: Chip Atkinson <chip-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: And what of the FCC?

From: 	DR.RESONANCE[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent: 	Thursday, September 25, 1997 11:18 AM
To: 	'Tesla List'; Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: And what of the FCC?

To: Tesla List

As Richard points out a good design isn't a great radiator.  Keep your
operational periods with any coil reasonable -- not at 2 AM when the
neighbors are trying to sleep. Keep operational periods short.  Be sure to
use at least two power line filters in series with your primary circuit
along with a handful of varisters on both sides of the filters and also on
the primary of the neon xmfr.  Last, but most important, throw a small BBQ
(yes -- you pay for all the food and don't whine) and invite all the
neighbors over -- especially the kids.  $50 spent in this fashion will go
miles down the line so all your neighbors don't think you are some kind of
nut and start complaining.  Once the complaints starts its too late to
reverse the damage done.  Take the time to explain what you are doing to
the neighbors and what Tesla is all about.  The E word is important here
--- Entertainment of your neighbors before they become the other E word --
Enemy!!!

We throw a small party every other year -- any midwestern coilers in the
area who want to stop by -- its Monday evening, Oct. 13th, 6-10 PM --- and
yes, a lot of neighbors will be there!

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

Tesla