[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Magnetic quenched gaps [X-Rays ? ]

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Wednesday, September 24, 1997 3:22 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Magnetic quenched gaps

On Tuesday, September 23, 1997 9:37 PM Jim M
[SMTP:bmack-at-frontiernet-dot-net] wrote;

> to all,
> Has anyone considred the X-ray hazzard assciated with
> this type of device?

Yes, Jim. I used to be concerned about the possible X-ray hazzards of
Tesla Coils period so for several years I wore radiation badges while
running any of my coils, including those with magneticaly quenched
gaps and the result was that no detectable X-rays are produced in the
normal operation of any Tesla Coil. I did once get a nasty exposure
when I ran a Tesla coil in a room that had an old X-ray tube on the
shelf, I now keep all X-ray tubes in Faraday shields so as to avoid
this from occuring again.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   Alfred.Skrocki-at-CyberNetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/