[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Magnetic quenched gaps

From: 	NTesla[SMTP:ntesla-at-ntesla.csd.sc.edu]
Sent: 	Tuesday, September 23, 1997 7:36 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Magnetic quenched gaps

>Tesla List wrote:

Hmmm...just off the top of my head, what about forcing compressed air
through some sort of impeller, with the fins being the same number as the
number of gaps on the spark gap? The idea is to get pulses of air, sort of
the same way the water is pulsed in a shower massage. The compressed
air-pressure would determine the speed of the air-pulses, and if timed
correctly to synch with the rotary gap, might that not eliminate the
"misfire" condition, while still allowing first-notch quenching?
Just a thought,
Dan