[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Magnetic quenched gaps [electromagnets]

From: 	richard hull[SMTP:rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net]
Sent: 	Saturday, September 20, 1997 7:26 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Magnetic quenched gaps [electromagnets]

At 01:47 PM 9/19/97 -0500, you wrote:

> [...]

The mag field of a modern super magnet is many times that which the average
amateur could cobble up (effectively).  Plus, the field is free and ever
present.  A good solenoid and custom core assembly with the requisite 1" ++
air gap with a minimum of 4000 guass in it, would be expensive and consume a
whole lot of power.  I have done it both ways and the best system used
modern high energy rare earth magnets and a custom milled and reworked neon
transformer "H" core.

Richard Hull, TCBOR