[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Transformer question

From: 	Benson_Barry%PAX5-at-mr.nawcad.navy.mil[SMTP:Benson_Barry%PAX5-at-mr.nawcad.navy.mil]
Sent: 	Friday, September 19, 1997 6:36 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	RE: Transformer question

Hi Dave, All,
     I took the core of my first H & R apart with a hammer
and wooden block after it burned up.  The core is really nice.

                         Barry

 ----------
From: "tesla"-at-pupman-dot-com-at-PMDF-at-PAXMB1
To: Benson Barry; "tesla"-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com-at-PMDF-at-PAXMB1
Subject: Transformer question
Date: Thursday, September 04, 1997 10:09AM

<<File Attachment: 00000000.TXT>>

From:     David Huffman[SMTP:huffman-at-FNAL.GOV]
Sent:     Thursday, September 04, 1997 8:49 AM
To:  Tesla List (E-mail)

Hi Everyone,
I thought some comments from the knowledge of this group would be helpful
before I try this.  I have two H&R transformers which I want to submerse in
oil. In order to save space I would like to do the following. The
transformers have the 'E' and 'I' laminations and all the 'E's and 'I's are
on together, not alternated the way some transformer are built. My question
is can the 'I' section be removed from each transformer and then couple the
two together? I would of course phase the primaries so the field is correct.
My initial thoughts are that this should work, but I often overlook the
obvious.  I hope it is clear what I want to do.
Any comments would be appreciated.
Dave Huffman
BTW If this will work it will allow the two transformers to be placed in the
bottom of a 5 gallon plastic bucket. A couple of brass bolts through the
side
and I have a poor mans pole pig.