[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Magnetic quenched gaps

From: 	DR.RESONANCE[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent: 	Wednesday, September 17, 1997 9:35 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Magnetic quenched gaps

To: Rich

The magnets do work great if you put them behind a .060 inch sheet of Nomex
(trade name for a transformer insulating material and also used by fire
suit manufacturers) which shields the heat so the magnet can be placed very
close without damaging its magnetism.  We usually use 3 thickness of the
060 material.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net