[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla not Marconi

From: 	phil.hamilton-at-nashville-dot-com[SMTP:phil.hamilton-at-nashville-dot-com]
Reply To: 	phil.hamilton-at-nashville-dot-com
Sent: 	Wednesday, September 17, 1997 3:22 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re:Tesla not Marconi

Robert Krampf,

T> I am new here and have been sitting quietly in the corner for the past week,
T> absorbing the wealth of information.  When I saw Alfred A. Skrocki's post I
T> had to respond.
T> In a message dated 9/16/97 5:09:03 AM, Alfred A. Skrocki wrote:
T>
T> <<Now you cooking! I might add that the deplorable educational system
T> in this country still insists that Marconi was the inventor of radio,
T> so much so that my daughter was suspended when she bought in a copy
T> of the Supreme court decision that Tesla NOT Marconi was the
T> rightful inventor of radio!

RK> Tell me more about your daughter's ordeal.  I teach teachers how to do
RK> hands-on science and would love to use this as an example of why we
RK> need to "unlearn" all of the old myths.
RK> I have been using a Tesla coil for science programs for 13 years and was
RK> delighted when I found this group.

For those of you that don't know...Mr. Krampf has a traveling Tesla
Coil show. I mean the kind he packs in a van and goes from city to city
with a fantastic presentation.
Every year he is directly responsible for thousands of people learning who
Nikola Tesla was and what he has done for our society.
I have seen school children, and teachers, absolutely dazzled by his
show. But...a 6 foot spark in a darkened area IS dazzling!
Everyone leaves the show with "Tesla" on their mind.
Phil

Phil.hamilton-at-nashville-dot-com
http://www.nashville-dot-com/~phil.hamilton/spark.html