[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Measuring k

From: 	Malcolm Watts[SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent: 	Tuesday, September 16, 1997 9:21 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Measuring k

Hi Julian,

k = 1/(2 x T x Fr)  where T = time taken to ringup (half a complete
beat hump). The formula is an approximation for the lossy case.

Also approximate:  k = (Fhi-Flo)/Fr   where Fhi and Flo are the two
sideband responses you can see when running the primary from a signal
generator and monitoring the two response frequencies on a scope.

Malcolm