[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Kevin's question of Applicability

From: 	Aperiodic-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:Aperiodic-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Tuesday, September 16, 1997 12:56 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Kevin's question of Applicability

<< There have been many answers to this post, but I think most have missed
 the mark (personal opinion). I have been posed with the same question
 from knowledgeable peers and from interested laymen. The answer has to
 match the knowledge of the questioner. In the knowledgeable set, I
 answer that Tesla was doing research in the transmission of power
 without wires and that the generation of streamers was a by-product of
 an un-tuned experiment. This in itself opens up a whole new area of
 investigation that is tapped by a very small group of people with
 indeterminate results.
 As to the interested layman, I find that the Dr. Frankenstein approach
 works best. I have discovered a branch of science that is interesting
 and spectacular and I want to see where it leads. In the meantime, look
 at what this does!
 --

     Rick Holland >>

Bravo Rick!!  You've finally hit upon it!  I posted a similar response to
Kevin and it immediately fell upon deaf or prejudiced ears; what Tesla's
(albeit untuned) discovery was, in modern terms, is called soliton
waves--nonlinear phenomena used to engage the amenities of wireless power
grids.
Glad to see some of us actually have it.

Samuel Uncler