[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New Testing

From: 	Malcolm Watts[SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent: 	Sunday, September 14, 1997 3:22 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	RE: New Testing

Just speaking from my knowledge of transmission lines....

I would expect that the moment the gap fires, a pulse would indeed
race back from the gap to the transformer. Moreover, I wouldn't
expect _any_ type of line to behave much differently. Consider:
you are slamming a short circuit across an energized line.
    I may, when time permits, remove my filter board from the neon
setup and attempt to scope this. I am reluctant to do so however as I
am planning to use that transformer for the job I am working on.

Malcolm
<snip>