[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

FW: 1/4 Wave, etc.

From: 	Dan Kline[SMTP:ntesla-at-ntesla.csd.sc.edu]
Reply To: 	ntesla-at-ntesla.csd.sc.edu
Sent: 	Friday, September 12, 1997 10:14 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: 1/4 Wave, etc.

I know that above is true, but I think I remember someone posting once that
the ideal topload, for beginning experimentation at least, I guess, was
that topload which would lower the secondary's un-top-loaded resonant
frequency to 0.707 of what it is when unloaded.

For example: If the unloaded resonant frequency was 200kHz, then the ideal
top-load would lower the frequency to 141.4kHz, other parameters being
appropriate, of course.

Is this in error? It's not like I hold to that design or anything, but lots
of people like to have a starting point :)

Thanks,

Dan