[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Car ignition coil tuning

From: 	DamDeName-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:DamDeName-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Thursday, September 11, 1997 1:17 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Car ignition coil tuning

Hi --

what kind ofcoil are u working with ??

  i've been banging away on an HEI coil.

Sandy

         Hi, all car ignition coil driven coilers!

 I got a MUCH longer spark-gap-spark when connecting a few HV-diodes in
series
 with my ignition coil, and my tesla coil now produces 3cm longer sparks
(this
 gives a whole spark length of 10cm (with a FIAT UNO ignition coil!)).
 Unfortunately my driver MOSFET died during this experiments (this was my
last one
 :), but I cannot imagine this has something to do with the diodes or the
higher
 voltage...

 coil on!