[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A Puzzle [ coulomb ]

From: 	Richard Wayne Wall[SMTP:rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com]
Sent: 	Wednesday, September 10, 1997 11:43 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: A Puzzle [ coulomb ]

9/10/97

In considering a few very basic equations:

E = I R

I = E/R

P = E I     (assuming same phase)

P = I^2 R   Wow! Maybe TC discharge power IS the result of I^2.  Don't
            think so.  As arc channel R decreases does P decrease?  Dig
            a little deeper.

P = E^2 /R  Ahh, here it is.  Remember E is the independant variable
            and may exist statically or dynamically.  I is the
            dependant variable and may only exist dynamically and
            depends on E and R.

On the eve of my departing to Richmond and the World's Greatest
Teslathon, I will repost some old Tesla List posts on these topics
under the title TC Electrostatics Revisited.  Perhaps it will jog the
memories of a few or perhaps others will muse over the contents and
perhaps find value.

RWW