[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Cap Pulse Ratings

From: 	richard hull[SMTP:rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net]
Sent: 	Tuesday, September 09, 1997 1:44 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Cap Pulse Ratings

At 10:43 PM 9/7/97 -0500, you wrote:

> [...]

All by caps are custom built to my specs by NWL - National winding labs.  I
sspec all for 500BPS and 600 amps peak pulse current.  On the bigger units I
demand testing for single pulses to 100,000 amps (makes 'em have to really
use huge connections internally.)  Needless to say, 2 .06 caps made to these
specs for 60kvac cost me $1200.00 US  I have brutalized them now for years
and they won't die.

Richard Hull, TCBOR